5 Ways To Transform Your Space Into A Sanctuary
Here are five easy tricks to evolve your environment
There were many negatives to the past 18 months during a global pandemic. However, there was one silver lining that came out of it. With so much time home, millions of people realized that without commuting to work, they were spending a significant amount of time at home. Suddenly, they had the time and bandwidth to finish projects they had started years before.
During this time, our team became passionate about treating our personal spaces as a sanctuary. The home is where inspiration strikes. The home is where we rest, relax, decompress, and prepare our hearts and minds for what is to come. Through so much time at home, we became interested in little things we could do to make the home feel like a more uplifting space. Here are our absolute favorite minimal adjustments that can completely transform a space.
- 5. Himalayan Sea Salt Lamps - Himalayan pink salt lamps help clean the air through an operation called hygroscopy, which attracts and absorbs contaminated water molecules from the immediate environment and locks them into the salt crystal. This works to purify the air. It can be hugely beneficial in helping with asthma and allergies.
- 4. House Plants- Besides the pure joy of watching a house plant grow new leaves, it has been scientifically proven that plants can help reduce stress. A 2015 study found that caring for indoor plants reduced psychological and physiological stress in study participants. Interacting with plants helped suppress sympathetic nervous system activity and diastolic blood pressure. Source: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4419447/
- 3. Palo Santo - Burning this energy clearing substance in the home can be an incredible way to shift the energy. Burning these sticks is a sacred practice used by Indigenous communities of the Andes to cleanse their space and ward off evil spirits. It’s calming effect is also known to support the nervous and immune systems.
- 2. Essential Oil Diffuser - One of the best known uses for essential oils is their ability to help you relax after a long, stressful day. One of the best parts is that each oil carries a different benefit. Oils such as lavender, lavender, clary sage, and chamomile in a diffuser can give you a much needed break from the stress of the day and help you sleep.
- 1. Presence Display - We believe that a Presence display can be an incredible instrument in setting the vibe to your home. The second someone walks into the home and sees a Presence, the ethos of your home is on display. The curated Raylists work in beautiful harmony with all the other amazing additions to the home to create a consciously curated vibe. It is the most beautiful mix of words and art that join together to reach you with impactful quotes as you go about your day.